CTF Twin Peaks

This forum contains discussions related to CTF style gametypes.
Skear
Zone Developers

CTF Twin Peaks

Post by Skear » Sat Feb 09, 2013 4:37 pm

I've switched Dark Town out for Twin Peaks and I've been thinking about what can be done to make CTF, simpler, exciting and refreshing. If y'all have any ideas leave them here so we can debate on it. Also, don't hold back on the creativity, with the scripting being done lately almost anything is possible.

My ideas:

-Smaller Map that's more linear and promotes strictly attacking and defending rather than mindless killing. Think more classic CTF maps we have played on other games.

-If no smaller map, how about a Bot Team spawns every so often and runs to flags, attacking players in their area and defending positions.

-Remove the store and have the current classes separated into two preset types.
Example: Infil Branch - Scout: PA, Pulse Rifle, Reps, Sunspot, Plasma Bomb, Improved Cloak, Blink Sabotager: Power Sword, Swift Blade, SMG (2), Blink, Cloaking Unit

all i got.

TheDevice

Re: CTF Twin Peaks

Post by TheDevice » Sat Feb 09, 2013 7:50 pm

Preset types are bad.

Skear
Zone Developers

Post by Skear » Sun Feb 10, 2013 11:37 am

Ok that's fine, I thought that was a overdoing too, maybe all this zone needs is a smaller map.

Palm

Post by Palm » Sun Feb 10, 2013 12:07 pm

Skear, i have ideas for CTF if you want to pm me. I was going to work on something here soon once we got this ending added to ZZ. Thanks