suggestions/feedback for latest (undocumented) updates

This forum contains discussions related to RPG style gametypes.

Moderator: Burnt

ayb
Moral Support

suggestions/feedback for latest (undocumented) updates

Post by ayb » Tue Jul 31, 2012 4:29 am

ITT: Post Feedback on Updates Done From JULY 24th AND ONWARDS

- tac smg went from being really accurate to super accurate; good update but low fire angle still needs to go from -5 to 0 or else all that accuracy wont matter if it shoots at the ground 3ft infront of u. and lower ROF to 18-19 (currently 22) plz so it can be used instead of steiner at mid range

-SiG LCG-50 needs a lower switch delay (from 3 seconds to 1, 1.5), OR damage to make it viable on its own (13-->16 kin)

-Chain Greatsword new melee, awesome. captain (AKA SLOWEST CLASS) -only? AWESOME. make it superior to chainfist plz, either make it 3 swings like chainsword (remove knockback), or 2 hits with +10 kin, +20 drain (remove knockback), or make it +100 drain + 10 kin, +40 cost2fire (don't remove knockback)

-UFG M44 is a decent MG; it's superior to steiner for suppression--even if its projectiles are a bit slow and thus easy to dodge... but still only around half as effective as ASC due to its lowered ROF compared to ASC; it has decent range and u can carry 500 ammo so it's a pretty boss-tier suppression weapon, even if suppression is almost useless in a zone with this many reps; and the reload is a bit long (3150ms vs ASC's 1500ms)

-Stroker Secs need to fire 4 instead of 2, then you have a decent finisher with lots of weaknesses (slow-moving, short ranged, inaccurate, long delay, etc). Still wont see much use outside of 1v1's to the death on the street. maybe also give it a small rotation stun that only affects foot and pack/board? for some utility!

also: incase you forget

the following classes need energy (and possibly energy rate) increase:
combat medic, combat tech, conscript

the following classes need access to art part cara:
inf, hw, marine

and medic needs access to greaves (ty)

also, irlp 909c second shot +cost doesn't work, might wanna increase cost to fire from 20 to 50 to compensate lollllllll spammable op weapon

ayb
Moral Support

Re: suggestions/feedback for latest (undocumented) updates

Post by ayb » Wed Aug 01, 2012 10:02 pm

trimag explo is lulzy

since they dont need trimag to fire

WAIT THATS WHY THEYRE SO EXPENSIVE OMG SELF CONTAINED TRIGGER MECHANISM

ChrisP

Post by ChrisP » Sat Aug 11, 2012 8:26 pm

plz make patch notes burnt i have no idea what the last few patches have been

also i have a suggestion/idea for new weapons - the higher ends of the electromagnetic spectrum like gamma ray gun im not sure what it would do but yeah
i came across that while trying to think of a name for a gun that could pass through multiple people (i think thats possible using those projectiles generated on explosion) like the trident laser cannon and stuff

edit: duh rail gun from Conquest was like that maybe make some kind of rail gun i dunno whatever its a stupid idea i always have stupid ideas

alpha/beta particles might make for an ok melee weapon that was under the laser category

ChrisP

Post by ChrisP » Sun Aug 12, 2012 2:37 am

Teleport charges aren't always consumed upon using suit teleport system??? strange

vlaws / laws / slaws dont hit HQs

slaws dont hit mechs

ayb
Moral Support

Post by ayb » Sun Aug 12, 2012 3:42 am

teleport charges are never consumed

bug sm

or hs lol.

better non-scripting/engine-related update to teleport system: cost 600 cash to use

ASSUMING CASH TO USE AN ITEM EVEN WORKS IN INF LALALAEOLO BD YOU BETTER GO INTO CTFX: TP AND MAKE DROPPACKs/DEATHBOARDS TO CONFIRM

Burnt
Zone Developers

Post by Burnt » Sun Aug 12, 2012 6:18 am

All I remember that I did was removed puddles from acid rifle and gave heavy art part cara. Not sure what the other update was other than the issue chris reported to me beforehand.

I know you guys would like notes but sometimes I get into a groove working and it slips my mind and since Ive worked sporadically over the last few days just tinkering I havent dont any. As always I often skip using my test zone, so you could log into it and grab the older file and do a file diff, its what I do.
There is a place where the losers win
A port of call for desperate men
It is known by many names
We come and go but it remains
Nobody cares, nobody cries
if you're scared or if you die
That's the way it goes
You should know...

ayb
Moral Support

Post by ayb » Sun Aug 12, 2012 9:31 am

yesssssss ART PART CARA ON HEAVY

YESSSSSSSSsssssssssssssssssssssss BEAST MODE TIME

waterwonder

Post by waterwonder » Fri Aug 17, 2012 2:54 am

I think Art Cara needs to be maybe for Command Classes.. AR already gives Marine and Infantry a huge advantage. Just my opinion.

ChrisP

Post by ChrisP » Fri Aug 17, 2012 3:13 am

thats bullcrap

art part cara for heavy weapons means art cara for marine/infantry
art part cara is so much better than normal cara its not even funny

ayb
Moral Support

Post by ayb » Fri Aug 17, 2012 3:37 am

inf wont be getting art cara l o l too unstoppable then