Increase death timer

This forum contains discussions related to RPG style gametypes.

Moderator: Burnt

Increase the length of time after dying before respawning?

Yes
27%
No
73%

Total votes: 11

Palm

Re: Increase death timer

Post by Palm » Sun Sep 16, 2012 5:59 pm

Burnt wrote:yes, lets slow down the pace of one of the slowest paced zones. nevermind the basing balance but just the sheer boredom the arbitrary downtime causes.

(read: no)

lol he said balance like there is any...

And also, basing? What basing do people do in YOUR EOL ZONE? ROFL HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA you guys are so funnys

ayb
Moral Support

Post by ayb » Mon Sep 17, 2012 4:12 am

every class can solo, some easier than others (jt vs marine) because of spawns + map + arena size
and do well over 1-1 ratio just by tactics alone (read: no strafing required)

eol is such a funny game when you apply tactics.

Not just combat tactics either, but fear/taunt tactics like by just standing still in the middle of the spawn where 10 people clash and nobody shoots you except the one guy, who promptly dies 1v1 and anyone who saw will think twice in the future. CA too.

Germany
Supreme Cum Chugger

Post by Germany » Mon Sep 17, 2012 5:04 am

fear tactics aka power armor

ayb
Moral Support

Post by ayb » Mon Sep 17, 2012 8:32 am

more like

[over]SHIELD ARMOR

Germany
Supreme Cum Chugger

Post by Germany » Mon Sep 17, 2012 11:41 am

more like

gauss

any gauss

thebobp3
Zone Developers

Post by thebobp3 » Mon Sep 17, 2012 5:53 pm

zzz ok
1. show me a main zone where there isnt a shit ton in spec
2. eol has a shitty gameplay mechanic, when you say solo or get stuck with bad teammates your really saying 'if i cant be on the dominant(raping) team then i wont play'. (also how do you get stuck when you can just switch to another pub)
3. whats the point of base tele if your just gonna get raped to the brink of death, ds, and do it again? just cause you didnt die doesnt mean the issue of spawn rape is fixed.
4. clearly you didn't understand my rhetorical question, let me write it out for you, noone carries td other than a few dedicated hunters. i've never seen a single person react and buy TD as a counter.
5. all increasing the death timer will do is give the rapegroups more time while they wait for you to spawn back.
6. when i say dont hang around spawn i dont mean run to A1 and look for fights, take the top warp or something and dont pick fights with every person you see.
7. no idea how you interpreted that i was biased toward the zone.

Burnt
Zone Developers

Post by Burnt » Mon Sep 17, 2012 7:03 pm

Ok people.

As small as a map it already is, its going to be like this with area specific spawn points. You cannot get around this without randomizing the entire thing. And then you have roaming rapes just running or driving around raping ever single thing they come across. It slows down the action too much in an already slow zone. Add in increased death timer and I might as well be browsing xhamster in the time it takes to respawn and get to the next fight.

Its not going to happen.

As for TD, plenty of people have TD, I know this because I sample the population's profiles every so often and 3 or so people will have it on good pop night. I personally carry TD whenever possible. TD isnt an actual issue. Why is it even being brought up?

As for the zone being 'whatever team rapes harder dominates' thats going to be like that when you people as a whole refuse to think, adapt, and use existing gameplay content. Hell, most the time it takes me undoing my setups and pulling this shit out for you people to even realize its in the game, and most part its not even new content, its Eol:a shit. theres legitimately some issues with HQ's, stemming from basing being too in depth for the retards that infest the zone, and the walls not being coded correctly, but aside from that, theres zero reason to not play because 'your team isnt the rapiest'. Hell, all it takes is one slick to turn that right around.

I really dont get why you lumptards can play CA correctly for the most part but then fail at the same concepts in IRPG.
There is a place where the losers win
A port of call for desperate men
It is known by many names
We come and go but it remains
Nobody cares, nobody cries
if you're scared or if you die
That's the way it goes
You should know...

mytrollalias

Post by mytrollalias » Tue Sep 18, 2012 5:51 am

2. eol has a shitty gameplay mechanic, when you say solo or get stuck with bad teammates your really saying 'if i cant be on the dominant(raping) team then i wont play'. (also how do you get stuck when you can just switch to another pub)
obviously a) u cant switch to private team rape and b) The stacked team is full (only needs 5 people)
3. whats the point of base tele if your just gonna get raped to the brink of death, ds, and do it again? just cause you didnt die doesnt mean the issue of spawn rape is fixed.
You would obviously warp before getting raped, and wait till the rape team is being attacked by other soloers or what not.
4. clearly you didn't understand my rhetorical question, let me write it out for you, noone carries td other than a few dedicated hunters. i've never seen a single person react and buy TD as a counter.
BD already mentioned something about this, but its really ur fault if ppl warp and your team doesn't have TD due to how convenient it is to get.
5. all increasing the death timer will do is give the rapegroups more time while they wait for you to spawn back.
Well it works both ways. Lets say some one in a rape group gets RRed and dies, they will have to wait longer to get back, giving more people who are waiting to ambush the rapers time to strike the rest.
6. when i say dont hang around spawn i dont mean run to A1 and look for fights, take the top warp or something and dont pick fights with every person you see.
The top warp is like 2 feet away. All that means if you try to duel another person and then probably end up being vulched by rapers or a BO.

@BD, It's way too easy and rewarding to vulch in this zone. Why drain then fight someone for 5 minutes when you can just shoot a clip and get an ez kill. You can't really vulch in CA. Also what a coincidence teleport is cheap and free.

Also a point that was brought up before by our resident: there are no new weaps/armors that require xp, the Reformulated armors help marginally I guess but they make you slower and that only slows you down when your running away from 5 people (p6 is only 3 rotation). If there was a point to basing people would actually do it. My vote, next rotation, make a new SK gun that requires like 300k xp. LL! I'd use it but you guys probably wouldn't make that gun happen, But seriously, and yes getting xp can be retarded but there's no point in playing the game like CA if you can already choose every class and buy every weap except the armors, which don't really help. Yes, special trimag and chain-sword were great but it looks like most people aren't that committed to getting 700k weaps that might not be that great anyway. I don't even know why I'm ranting but just goes to show its hard to quit inf. Also would have worked was a gimped form of attributes (yes we know its difficult/ur lazy/got other stuff to do/biased against suggestions for some reason).

Basically I'm saying at least try to entertain some of the suggestions, getting new items that require xp was a good idea if you want people to base. I only mentioned TD b/c base tele was "taken out for debugging" (why can't you guys be honest), and looks like it worsened the rape/laming or what not, the only people crying about base tele are those slow and without TD/are too lazy to click *sell pistol, buy TD.
One of the reasons people don't base is b/c lack of useful xp or even cash (med gizers) items aka no reward for basing. Also, how ironic is it that after taking out base tele guy is asking why people don't base. Btw not saying the med gizers shouldn't have been taken out but that was another incentive to basing.
Also as for anyone pissed at the vultures like I've said before why drain then fight someone for 5 minutes when you can just shoot a clip and get an ez kill. You can't really vulch kills in CA. Idk how feasable a dueling place in RPG would be though.

Burnt
Zone Developers

Post by Burnt » Tue Sep 18, 2012 11:16 am

i was being honest when i removed base tele for debugging. its bugged. a good bit of the time it will warp you wildly incorrect and it had other abuse-able issues.

the only thing about the 4538503853845039xp reward concept is it hampers new players. when those weapons are widely available to the current playerbase, they become the de facto weapons of the zone. anyone new coming in is fucked compared to the elite level weapons. doing it thru tokens means new players can be helped out by helmet donation/leeching or token donations. its not much but it does make a major difference in the divide between new player and vet. and that difference can make or break us at this point in time.

as for vulching...thats like that in any zone. i vulch shit tons in ca, sk, irpg and hardcorps. its just how it is. irpg just seems lamer in it because you put more actual work into a kill. but its not something i can really do anything about.
There is a place where the losers win
A port of call for desperate men
It is known by many names
We come and go but it remains
Nobody cares, nobody cries
if you're scared or if you die
That's the way it goes
You should know...