View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Sep 20, 2017 5:27 am

Reply to topic  [ 206 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21  Next
 Show your Support! READ! 

Post Re: Show your Support! READ!
Played on a few names but this one was probably the best known. I played shortly after the game came out p2p and a little while after. Then life took hold.....a tight hold. Anyhow I came back started playing with some old friends hairy, amtrac, smack, etc. and to my dismay SOE pulled the plug like a week later.

As you can tell it eats me up all the time because of all the memories playing this game as a kid into my adult years. So I found this forum and looks like a download client. I hope everything works and I can play a little some day.

Any of my old friends please shoot me a PM so we can exchange Xbox or PS Gamertags and have some fun catching up and playing games like old times! i would love to hear how "some" of you are doing ! Lol

Sat Sep 07, 2013 11:29 pm

I want to be able to play Infantry until I'm old and gray and have a mean case of pwnage-induced arthritis. So signed, signed, and signed again.

CTF Extreme, Twin Peaks, and Chambert's Moon were and will keep credit for some of the BEST TIMES I've had gaming ever. Period.

I would gladly pay to be able to play any legitimate version of this game, even though, of course, my heart lies in pre-Sony Infantry and the above mentioned specific zones. The forums here give me hope and an overdose of nostalgia, as the community active here could easily populate numerous zones if Infantry was to have an official rebirth.

Hit me up if you recognize an alias, chances are I remember who you are too... Regardless of how much I might have pissed you off and/or maybe probably definitely GG PWND U. KTHXBYE. ..:. -.- .:.. (ChainFist/GG-Nade)

Ken[F]
Extent
Cu$tOm!zEd
...and way too many other aliases on multiple accounts that i've lost track of.

and on behalf of:
Xavior[Inf]

Fri Oct 04, 2013 3:37 pm

Yo wattap its IsraeliNomad , well its his brother but thats how people knew me, id troll and say im him. I just noticed this free inf ... how come no one plays!? this game is the shit!! lets put up some CM maybe get people back to play!!i have 4 people with me willing to play again

Thu Oct 10, 2013 1:56 pm

I got pumped downloaded everything and still have not had time to play during active hours. I also do not want to bother with the kayboard anymore to play. I purchased an adapter for my Xbox controller to work wirelessly and im going to the the Xpadder software. I hope it works. Does anyone have experience with that setup?

Also from what I gathered people start to get on around 6PM EST time.

Sun Oct 13, 2013 2:10 pm

I'ma check this shit out again. SethXv rofl

Fri Oct 18, 2013 4:26 am

Here's my support, raising a glass to you guys for keeping this game alive (or bringing it back to life after it had been sent to video game purgatory)! I actually still have no idea why it was taken down. Infantry is an amazing game, and I spent countless hours blasting noobs in NML. Now that I play League of Legends, I can actually say that the appeal of this game (Infantry of course) has increased even more for me, and would love for it to go back into full development. It has the potential to be an online sporting game...MOBA status, like LOL I'd say. That would mean every game would need to be isolated, and have a feasible fixed amount of players per team, with rules governing AFK'ers and a ladder system to keep the community aiming for goals etc... give it a good ruleset / maps (levels), with player equality and balance, so that everyone can progress in a match at a fair pace and I'm sure it would be a win win.

I kinda liked that you could just jump in a match if it had vacancy though, so maybe keep that going for "normal" mode instead of "ranked" matches.....man it's like a gold mine waiting to happen.
*shrug*

What I liked best about Infantry though, was the old NML, almost exclusively. This was back when the bullets went perfectly straight and kinda slow (compared to the newer version) so you could dodge them. You could seriously matrix through an entire battle strewn with bullets from all directions and still get through it without getting hit, (if you were a Jedi), and that was friggin' awesome. Then they decided to nerf it all so you couldn't quite have the same chance of survival. Still awesome though.

GG though guys, see you on the battlefield.

P.S. Bring back NML@@@!!!#!$$!$ (Posting this as its own thread so it gets some action)

Sun Dec 01, 2013 1:15 am

Older post I guess but since it's not technically a necro I'll answer.

I'd be happy to see this get even bigger. I enjoyed EOL:RPG, and CR:RT. Hope to eventually have the chance to play both of those once again!

Sun Jan 05, 2014 3:59 pm

Yes, I would like to be able to play when ever I get that nostalgic feeling or what have you.

Tue Jan 07, 2014 1:36 pm

I would love to play again. I am mainly concerned about people using scripts/hacks to gain advantages over others.

Tue Jan 21, 2014 12:06 am

Symbolite here, is any form of Infantry still going on anywhere right now? I need to get my fix after not playing for the last 2 years!

Tue Jan 28, 2014 11:01 pm
Reply to topic   [ 206 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21  Next