View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Sep 20, 2017 5:27 am

Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 
 USL & Domain 

Post USL & Domain
FI USL

Hello guys i was wondering if you can get ahold of Champion for me.

I would like to say i have a reserved domain for USL.

fiuslzone.com is the url, i just need to build the website. If someone could help me with making it i would be the happiest person alive.

Wed Sep 26, 2012 8:32 pm

Post Re: USL & Domain
We still have uslzone.net in our control, we just need a website.

Wed Sep 26, 2012 8:35 pm

I'd be happy to help get the league website back up and running, but I frankly don't know anything about how to accomplish that. If you think there are some things that I could help out with just send me a PM and tell me what you need.

Thu Sep 27, 2012 3:34 pm
Programmers

I mean this in the nicest way guys, and I don't mean to sound like a wanker (I genuinely can't help it), but if you REALLY want a league site, you can EASILY learn how to build one. I'm sure all of you guys are late teens - early twenties - I learnt to program pretty much by myself when I was 13/14 at home on a PC because I wanted to make a website. Yeah it's hard and takes a while, but if you start by reviewing some HTML tutorials and use that with CSS to get the layout, then you can take a crash course on PHP to understand dynamic pages.

Sure, the site will look and work shit compared to old league sites - but the first SBL site was a pile of shite, and so was the second. But learning to program/develop sites takes time, however once done, it can be financially beneficial, as there are not enough programmers in this world, regardless of ability, to fill the need.

=)

Fri Sep 28, 2012 4:32 am

Mehr wrote:
I'm sure all of you guys are late teens - early twenties

No, actually a good portion of us are not. I am definitely a lot closer to 30 than I am to 20, and "a while" is not something I ever really have to spend on anything, but I have found some good stuff on how to make websites and am going to go through it. It may take a while, but I think it will be fun. If someone else gets a site up first, I'll be happy to use it!

For some reason, it is much easier for everyone to assume that the skirmish crowd is as young as the rest of infantry and lazy, as opposed to the much simpler conclusion that most of us are just older and don't have a lot of time to spend on these things. That said, most of us are always happy to try and help however we can with what knowledge and time we have to put into it.

Fri Sep 28, 2012 6:45 am
Programmers

Lol. You srs?

I wasn't attacking you or anyone - just giving a suggestion. The age comment was more meant to indicate that you're not idiot 12 yr olds. I too, am closer to 30 than 20, so please don't talk to me like I am some preteen trying to lecture. I offered considered advice, nothing more. If you don't have the time, fine. I don't have the time either, but I find it. You can find it as well (as you admit). Just sayin'.

I never, ever implied nor suggested you were lazy. I guess this is a knee-jerk reaction you've come accustomed to based on your "everyone to assume" comment. I don't know you or the skirmish 'crowd' and I made a generic game-wide assumption. However, I did not imply you were lazy, nor assume. I actually assumed you (collective) were more along the lines of "i have no idea how to make a website, fml, what to do?" - which is why I offered comments intended to help you and inform you that it's not as hard (initially) as people think.
=)

Fri Sep 28, 2012 10:51 am
Reply to topic   [ 6 posts ]