View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Sep 21, 2017 10:48 pm

Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ] 
 Thoughts on LZA? 

Did you enjoy LZA 2.0
Yes 67%  67%  [ 4 ]
No 33%  33%  [ 2 ]
Total votes : 6

Thoughts on LZA? 
Zone Developers

Post Thoughts on LZA?
Things I can do and will be considering:

Placing Defensive Bunker pieces, PDB's, for Morgan at each trench opening. (As per old school LZA for SK)

Modifying the class set of Ultra Skirmish to use on the zone. This would include mortarman, machinegunner, all those classes, minus the op broken shit like infil and its blink spam or ninja. I prefer this option, as it would be a stand alone zone then and would not be taking up a "classic sk" zone slot.

Things I wont be doing:

Changing the itemset for nader without community consent (have had requests for extended range on nader) for the SK6/7 item sets.

Things to fix:

Grizzly getting stuck in safe zones.

Open to requests. I havent sat on this map for the better part of the year for nothing.

We come and go but it remains
Nobody cares, nobody cries
if you're scared or if you die
That's the way it goes
You should know...

Thu Sep 27, 2012 11:12 am

Post Re: Thoughts on LZA?
It's a cool map, and the changes you have made and propose to make are also pretty interesting, but I don't know how well it would sit with the general SK population were it the only zone. This is why I actually think the idea of incorporating new classes and in a sense removing this zone from the classic sk lineup is a great idea. It would not only give the SKers another option once NML or whatever got stale, it could also be used as a sort of gateway zone to introduce the more traditional SK population (like myself) to alternative zones.

Edit: In my opinion, if vehicles are going to be used on the map it might be wise to close up the trenches a bit. I like the way they are more easily assaulted for just small unit play, but with the tanks it just makes it harder for Morgan to defend the objectives. This is, of course, assuming that the population can at some point understand that the objectives are the objective and the map starts functioning as it is supposed to.

In turn, if the vehicles remain and the trenches are closed up, I think the extended range on grenadier is definitely warranted.

Thu Sep 27, 2012 3:28 pm
Zone Developers

If I go with the USK classes, mortarman would effectively be the long range nader anyways.

Ill see about that tonight.

That's the way it goes
You should know...

Thu Sep 27, 2012 4:00 pm

the return of ultra skirmish? leet. i like

i didn't particularly enjoy it because it's just the same old skirmish, it's fun sometimes i guess. i didn't hate it, either.

Thu Sep 27, 2012 4:34 pm
Zone Developers

Well no, just the classes. I dont have the patience to debug the kill streak stuff, the base stuff, or any of that fluff. A majority of the classes will return, however.

That's the way it goes
You should know...

Thu Sep 27, 2012 8:37 pm

that's fine, that's all i wanted from it really.

Fri Sep 28, 2012 7:05 am

I now remember that USK has unbalanced classes, so some of the classes will be weaker than others and purposeless unless you put in a system to deny the high classes to some people. Such as needing x kills during current game to pick them or something. Or somehow buffing the weak ones. Or adding soda and making class reset when killed.

Sat Sep 29, 2012 3:37 am
Reply to topic   [ 7 posts ]