View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Nov 18, 2017 11:42 am

Reply to topic  [ 55 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Infantry Launcher (Updated: April 11th, 2012) 
Server Developer

Infantry Launcher (Updated: April 11th, 2012)
First time playing?
Download the Infantry Launcher, extract the .zip archive to a folder and run InfLauncher.exe, you'll be on your way! Account creation takes a few seconds, and game updating is done while you wait!

Already have a launcher? Looking to update?
Replace your old InfLauncher.exe with the one contained in the .zip archive. Make sure you don't have Infantry or the Infantry Launcher running when you update! Don't worry about losing settings, the new launcher creates defaults and won't overwrite user settings if they're present.

Infantry Online Launcher
v1.0.0.20

Finally finished working on the latest Infantry Online Launcher.

Some Features:
  • NEW! Fully skinnable! It comes packed with one default minimal skin, you can create as many skins as you'd like and share them with others very easily. Skinning is extremely simple and very flexible.
  • NEW! Version checker to notify you of new Launcher updates!
  • Username/password saving
  • Infantry Directory finder. If it finds one, you'll be prompted to either move it to Infantry Online directory or keep it as your default directory (you can edit the settings.ini file if it doesn't find it)
  • Integrated asset checker and patcher
  • Integrated account registration
  • Auto updates directory servers
  • a bunch of other things I can't think of at the moment...

Default skin:

Download: http://freeinfantry.org/download/

Skin tutorial: http://freeinfantry.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=1539

Requirements:
.NET Framework 4.0: http://www.microsoft.com/download/en/details.aspx?id=17851

A big thanks to Jovan for everything. He wrote nearly all the asset patching code and the account server that this launcher uses to log you in and create your tickets/sessions. The default "minimalistic" skin included is also based off his original skin, it was just cut down and modified.

Last edited by Super-Man on Tue May 29, 2012 1:38 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Mon Apr 09, 2012 11:50 pm
Programmers

Post Re: Updated Launcher
:o many thanks super-man

Here is a mockup screenie of the aforementioned launcher

Tue Apr 10, 2012 12:00 am

Looks nice

Tue Apr 10, 2012 12:23 am

good work guys.

Tue Apr 10, 2012 12:24 am

Post Re: Updated Launcher (April 09th, 2012)
Awesome work

Tue Apr 10, 2012 2:08 am
Profile WWW
Server Developer

So just to clarify, that screenshot Jovan posted is just a little sneak peak of the expected -finished- launcher, not this updated temp launcher. So uhh, don't get your hopes up too high :D

Tue Apr 10, 2012 2:11 am

hey this is awesome and all but can you guys work on getting a decent zone up next? lmao thx pals <3

Tue Apr 10, 2012 2:37 am

Hey Jake what have you contributed so far? Instead of being condescending and annoying (I know both of those can be fun on the internet, especially when combined!), try making an impact with a better attitude.

Tue Apr 10, 2012 3:47 am

I overwrote with the updated launcher (it's in the same directory), and after running, it preceded to re-download all Infantry files to I have no idea where. After login, I have to re-download CTFX, Modern Combat, etc.

So I have to ask, where exactly is this new launcher trying to run Infantry from, if not from C:\Program Files\Infantry Online?

-Edit-

Nevermind I found the answer.

C:\Program Files\Sony\Infantry

Just a suggestion it might be better if the installation directory isn't hardcoded into the launcher, the Java launcher allows me to choose which makes running Inf from different OS partitions so much easier.

Tue Apr 10, 2012 4:17 am
Server Developer

Erdalxius wrote:
I overwrote with the updated launcher (it's in the same directory), and after running, it preceded to re-download all Infantry files to I have no idea where. After login, I have to re-download CTFX, Modern Combat, etc.

So I have to ask, where exactly is this new launcher trying to run Infantry from, if not from C:\Program Files\Infantry Online?

-Edit-

Nevermind I found the answer.

C:\Program Files\Sony\Infantry

Just a suggestion it might be better if the installation directory isn't hardcoded into the launcher, the Java launcher allows me to choose which makes running Inf from different OS partitions so much easier.

I knew this would be an issue, ugh, sorry about that.
When the launcher was released a while ago it had a typo in the config that specified the wrong Infantry directory and I assumed almost everybody had been using that wrong directory by now, so it was too late to make a change.
You could open up config.xml and modify your infantry directory in there if you wish, back to Infantry Online.

The new launcher will solve all of these problems, I promise you :). Just bare with the one we have right now for a bit longer :(

Tue Apr 10, 2012 10:34 am
Reply to topic   [ 55 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next