Show your Support! READ!

Here you will find threads related to Infantry Online. Please read forum rules.

Moderator: H-Mod

Phazor

Re: Show your Support! READ!

Post by Phazor » Fri Jan 25, 2013 11:01 pm

Forgot I had created an account here on these newer forums, shame that freeinfantry didn't take off again like it did back in 06, forgot a lot of names of ppl i knew back then. I had this name on prep2p SOE and freeinfantry 06, while also using IceX in some rand soe zones as well and used the name Dark Ruler for cosmic rift. Sadly I only got like 2 rand screenies of the old free inf too back when Combined arms had a pretty good population with 100+ at a time.

BigJguy298

Post by BigJguy298 » Wed Apr 10, 2013 9:57 pm

I've played this game Idk how many years, blows that SOE pulled the plug.

AniseCannonade

Post by AniseCannonade » Sat Apr 20, 2013 8:57 pm

still always remember the old days when mechanized skirmish was huge, and tanarus was still around and so was cosmic rift.
I will always remember this game even if it ends up dying and collapsing. And you bet I'll play, even if I can't aim for shit [backwards leading, etc]

GinnAzoh

Post by GinnAzoh » Wed May 22, 2013 1:21 pm

Wow..I'm glad the Infantryzone community is still alive!

I remember playing this game back in the Harmless Games days...I loved that teddy bear logo!!!

DeinnsBeansInc

Over a year later.

Post by DeinnsBeansInc » Fri May 24, 2013 2:59 am

Yes,
It has been a year since the last post on this forum regarding Infantry Online. I just want to put out there, this game has been a building block of my online gaming career. The customization this game brought to the table was WAY ahead of it's time. It's simple act of building your own version of a combat class is what made this game entertaining. I will forever recall the days me and my two brothers were taking turns to play for hours into the night. It was upsetting to see the gradual, yet rapid, decrease in players over the months of my last login. But just like all things Sony in the gaming world, they will all close abruptly.

R.I.P
Infantry Online provided by SOE...
you will be missed.

P.S.
Wu-Tang Killa Bees still on the swarm in 2013

Solaris

Post by Solaris » Wed May 29, 2013 9:22 pm

Wow, what a nostalgic trip this has been! I've had infantry on my mind lately, was really sad to see Sony finally let it go. So many familiar names in the forum! Like the previous poster stated, Infantry was one of the biggest influences on my online gaming career... So much fun was had!

smackrock

Post by smackrock » Tue Jun 11, 2013 1:24 pm

Very nostalgic memories here. Not sure if anyone here remembers me though haha. Few games have stood the test of time like Infantry did. Downloaded the client last night, I'll have to jump on now and then to reminisce in the glory that was infantry :)

Inn0vation

Post by Inn0vation » Mon Jun 24, 2013 2:36 pm

I remember back the in the day A_Little_Old_Man was always top of CTF...used to love playing against him...so many memories......

Flash0theblade-

Silverspring-

Chronologix

Post by Chronologix » Mon Aug 05, 2013 8:58 pm

Now all we need is a Population to return....and ofc less drama for current players that inevitably drives new players away -.-;

Seeing 60+ in TP was nice, last time I checked in on FreeInf there was practically noone around so I just left again lol.

YetAnonymous

Re: Over a year later.

Post by YetAnonymous » Wed Sep 04, 2013 5:41 pm

DeinnsBeansInc wrote:Yes,
It has been a year since the last post on this forum regarding Infantry Online. I just want to put out there, this game has been a building block of my online gaming career. The customization this game brought to the table was WAY ahead of it's time. It's simple act of building your own version of a combat class is what made this game entertaining. I will forever recall the days me and my two brothers were taking turns to play for hours into the night. It was upsetting to see the gradual, yet rapid, decrease in players over the months of my last login. But just like all things Sony in the gaming world, they will all close abruptly.

R.I.P
Infantry Online provided by SOE...
you will be missed.

P.S.
Wu-Tang Killa Bees still on the swarm in 2013
SOE took offline the wrong zones, introduced a fee that not all players even had methods for to pay (Even if they wanted). This game died way before its time. How's FreeInfantry doing though? I wouldn't mind checking things out again, although I was mostly into Warzone ALPHA and the CTF zones.