View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Oct 19, 2017 8:55 am

Reply to topic  [ 10 posts ] 
 Level Decompiler 

Post Level Decompiler
HellSpawn wrote:
Developed by Rick, The level decompiler takes a .lvl file and turns it into a .map file.

Download Decompiler - Main.zip (Contains Main.exe) - 21.4kb

Quick How-To:

Step 1. Locate the level files of the map you wish to have decompiled and place them in your Map Editor directory.

Step 2. Start > Run > Cmd.

Step 3. In Command Promt, type cd *location of your map editor* (In my case, its cd c:\Program Files\Sony\Station\Infantry\Map Editor.

Step 4. In Command Prompt, type main NameOfMap.lvl (The decompiler will do its magic.)

Step 5. In your map editor directory, copy/paste your NameOfMap.lvb file twice, and rename the copies to f_NameOfMap.lvb.blo and o_NameOfMap.lvb.blo

Step 6. Open the .map file in the Editor, Everything should look/work fine. However, The decompiler strips a level of its physics heights, therefor, You need to change them to the defaults by going to Edit > Change Physic Heights.

All default lows should be 0.
The Highs:
Red: 1024
Green: 16
Yellow: 32
Orange: 64
Purple: 128
Red One Ways: 1024
Teal: 1024
Blue: 1024

Remember, This process was never meant to be, So it would be a wise decision to ask the original map developer's permission before you edit their content.

Fri Jan 21, 2011 9:51 pm

Post Re: Level Decompiler
Super-Man wrote:
Step 5 is a bit inefficient because the SOE Infantry levels refer directly to the blob file where the graphic is contained, whereas the older one strips the graphics and places them into a level blob (.lvb).
So, by copying them over and making object blobs and floor blobs from the level blob, you're basically forcing everybody to redownload graphics they already have.

Fri Jan 21, 2011 9:51 pm

Mode wrote:
Yeah and that was a big issue that we gave Oct alot of stick over as he also didnt use the existing files in the Sony folder and so afew blo's needed to be red/l for a zone. (mainly cause i'de taken the name of a blo from FI and used it's name as a Sony one, but he had not see this.

So that goes for anyone thats wanting to zone dev. Download EVERY sony zone so you get all Sony blo's. Dont edit files from these or manipulate them to be different but rather create new ones to add your new or changed graphics into. This means other zones wont need to red/l blo's so they match their own zone graphics every time you enter that zone after been in the other zone.

If you dont understand that dont dev. Simple :p

Fri Jan 21, 2011 9:52 pm

Mode wrote:
Oh yeah while i remember, easier way Hellspawn is to just drag the .lvl onto the main.exe The .map file will appear in whatever folder the .lvl was in.

Fri Jan 21, 2011 9:52 pm

Maveroth wrote:
Okay so a while back I was tinkering with the editors and I tried to open a .lvl file as a Paint file. Somehow this enabled my computer to read all .lvl files as paint. When I try to run the decompiler, it just has a message that pops up that says "Paint cannot read this file" so it basically just tries to open it with paint... -_-

Fri Jan 21, 2011 9:53 pm

NiTe wrote:
try right clicking on any .lvl file, and use "open with" and then pick the decompiler (main.exe). After that I would think that any .lvl file you tried to decompile would use main.exe as default.

Ok so here's my scenario. I made a map for FI, and after about a year my computer died. Now that SOE development is kicking, I wanted to convert the zone over to SOE, but I was missing the .map. The map still needs a little bit of work too. So I decompiled the .lvl to generate the .map. Is there any way around making the players download the o_ and f_ .blo files I used when converting the map? Or am I screwed?

Fri Jan 21, 2011 9:53 pm

Super-Man wrote:
If you decompiled the raw .lvl (before going through the junk.exe process), then you should be fine.
But if you decompiled the .lvl after the junk.exe process (with the matching .lvb), then there's a problem.

Also, there's a flaw in Step 5
HellSpawn wrote:
Step 5. In your map editor directory, copy/paste your NameOfMap.lvb file twice, and rename the copies to f_NameOfMap.lvb.blo and o_NameOfMap.lvb.blo

Simply copying + pasting the level blob 2 times over and renaming them will get the job done, but then you'll have a ton of excess graphics in both of the files which aren't used at all, just simply taking up space and using up resources.
So, after you've gotten your 2 copies and renamed them to o_ and f_, open up the blob files with the Blob Editor, and depending on which file is open, get rid of the opposite types. Example: if f_myzone.lvb.blo is open, I get rid of all the graphics inside this blob file that begin with o, since they're objects and I only want floors, and vice-versa. Do the same with the object blob, remove all the floor tiles.

Fri Jan 21, 2011 9:54 pm

Spanks.

Fri Jan 21, 2011 10:10 pm

link no longer works

Sat Apr 20, 2013 8:52 pm

TheDevice do you have an updated link for this?

or even perhaps do you remember how the old decompiler(junk.exe) worked? I know it was command line stuff like this...but it makes a file called mapname.lvl.new

and I cant remember how to use it

Wed Jul 22, 2015 3:01 pm
Reply to topic   [ 10 posts ]